COVID-19 Information and Updates
Prepare for your visit and learn what we’re doing to keep our clinics safe for patients and staff alike. Read more…
We use telemedicine to provide many types of services. All you need is a computer, tablet or smartphone. Read more…
While we only schedule COVID-19 testing for patients preparing for surgery or a C-section, testing is for all others is available across the state. Read more…
- Unfortunately, we’re asking that you not bring a visitor or children to your appointment, beginning Monday, Nov. 30. The spike in COVID-19 cases warrants protecting our patients and our teams who care for them. You may notice some exceptions; these include new moms being seen for their very first OB visit, an anatomy screening ultrasound, surgical consultations, and GYN office procedures. Our providers often convey a lot of information during these appointments and having a support person is necessary. We hope this policy will be short-term. If you have questions, please talk with our front desk staff or your provider.
- If you’re sick or have been around someone who is, please call to reschedule your appointment: 763-587-7000.
- Maple Grove Hospital permits certain patients to have one healthy, masked visitors (updated November 17); this includes the Family Birth Center. Additional information is available on the hospital website.
- Following the Centers for Disease Control’s guidelines and statewide mask mandate, Oakdale OBGYN requires all patients and visitors to wear a mask to clinic appointments and leave it on for the duration of their visit (children are not allowed to attend appointments). Masks are available at our clinics for anyone who doesn’t have one. Learn more.
Clinic Hours and Status
- To date, all of our clinics remain open, though hours may vary.
- Understandably at this time, you may have questions or concerns about your bills. Please contact our Business Office at 763-587-7035 to discuss. We want to work with you and your unique situation in this challenging time.