Social Media User Guidelines
At Oakdale Obstetrics & Gynecology, we use social media as one of many tools to communicate with our patients, followers, stakeholders and like-minded organizations. Posts we share might include provider-approved health guidance and third-party articles, health maintenance reminders, updates about our providers, practice news, special event invitations, and more.
We welcome and invite our social media followers to engage with us on each of our social channels. Certain comments and user posts, however, are discouraged and will not be allowed. These include, but are not limited to, posts and comments that:
- are intended to report a medical emergency (call 911);
- are threatening, profane or insulting in nature;
- compromise a patient’s safety or privacy;
- are off topic related to the post in question;
- contain health advice or research that has not been approved by an Oakdale provider;
- misrepresent the commenter’s identity.
Our practice reserves the right to remove and/or report content that doesn’t meet our guidelines and to block and/or ban users as our staff and social media team sees fit.